Following on from the success of the adult Compact™
extendable breathing systems, we have launched a range of paediatric Compact extendable breathing systems. There are three basic systems and two systems with a 1 litre reservoir bag and limb.
The extendable anaesthetic breathing system has been designed for economy. They are supplied in a compressed from which increases the number of systems per box, for more cost effective storage and disposal. This means that there can be significant space savings compared with other breathing systems. A standard box of Compact systems could provide a hospital with an extra three weeks supply.*
Features and Benefits include:
- the unique tube design results in a system which can be compressed to almost one fifth of its extended length.
Lower resistance to flow
- the Compact tube is designed with a shallow profile resulting in more laminar gas flow and lower resistance to flow.
- the Compact system is lighter than other extendable systems ensuring that the ‘pull’ on the patient’s airway device is kept to a minimum.
- when extended is 4.4ml/kpa per metre of tube, which is less than that required in the ISO 5367:2000 standard.
- the Compact system is packed and supplied in the shortest length. This can be simply extended to the length required for clinical use (with the advantage of reduced compressible volume), and compressed for easy disposal. The unique tube has been designed so that it will expand to between four to five times it’s packed length, providing the most adjustable system available.
- the nature of the Compact system tube allows for it to be set in any position required. This results in multiple positioning possibilities, ideal for head and neck surgery where the system can be positioned away from the patient, and does not require any additional patient connections.
*Comparison between Compact 2150 and Flextube 2000, based on a hospital with four operating theatres changing systems on a daily basis.
You may also be interested in the following products: