StarMed CaStar Up – Openable hood for CPAP therapy
The CaStar Up is an openable hood for CPAP therapy that allows rapid access to the patient’s face during nursing procedures or in case of emergency. One operator can easily remove the upper part of the hood. It is well tolerated for extended periods and can reduce the risks associated with both endotracheal intubation and face mask use.
• Allows rapid access to the patient’s face during nursing procedures or in case of emergency
• One operator can easily remove the upper part of the hood and have full access to the patient
• Probes and catheters can remain in place, on the patient, connected to the lower part of the hood
• Fitted with integrated pressure gauge to check the presence of pressure within the hood
• Built in inflatable neck cushion for added patient comfort
• Comfortable and atraumatic underarm fastening straps
• Other fastening accessories are available if required
• Two versatile sealed access ports suitable for single or multiple lumen probes or catheters
• Patient access port fitted with bi-directional anti-asphyxiation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure
Single packed. Custom-packs are supplied on specific request of the customer.
The StarMed study database
features studies covering a range of clinical scenarios and each study entry includes a brief summary abstract and further categorisation and tagging so you can search for studies based on their clinical setting, author, journal, date and any key words. We will continue to add new posts as further studies are released - so keep checking for the latest supporting material.
You may also be interested in the following products:
Squadrone V, Coha M, Cerutti E, Schellino MM, Biolino P, Occella P, Belloni G, Vilianis G, Fiore G, Cavallo F, Ranieri VM.
JAMA. 2005 Feb 2;293(5):589-95
Squadrone V, Massaia M, Bruno B, Marmont F, Falda M, Bagna C, Bertone S, Filippini C, Slutsky AS, Vitolo U, Boccadoro M, Ranieri VM.
Intensive Care Med. 2010 Oct;36(10):1666-74
Cosentini R, Brambilla AM, Aliberti S, Bignamini A, Nava S, Maffei A, Martinotti R, Tarsia P, Monzani V, Pelosi P.
Chest. 2010 Jul;138(1):114-20
Brambilla AM, Aliberti S, Prina E, Nicoli F, Del Forno M, Nava S, Ferrari G, Corradi F, Pelosi P, Bignamini A, Tarsia P, Cosentini R.
Intensive Care Med. 2014 Jul;40(7):942-9